[mythtv-users] Tuner cards that do HD?

Mark Bobak mbobak at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 15:01:52 UTC 2007

Yep, it's that easy, at least it was for me.  If your configuration includes
multiple NICs, (one goes to public internet, one connects to the HDHomeRun)
like I had, make sure you run the 0.20-fixes branch.  Other than that, yeah,
it's a real easy setup and it's been working well for me, for about two
weeks now.  Support is provided via the Silicon Dust forums, and he (jafa)
is pretty responsive and helpful.  You can hang as many HDHomeRun units on
your network as you want.  I've got two boxes, for a total of 4 tuners.  If
you go w/ more than one HDHomeRun, you'll probably want to run a Gig-E card
on your system, to a Gig-E hub, and connect the HDHomeRun boxes to that.

Only other caveat is, as someone else said, HDHomeRun does digital only, no
analog.  That's not an issue for me.  Currently, I get everything OTA,
ATSC.

Hope that helps,

-Mark