[mythtv-users] Seeking back through live TV buffers very hit and miss

Neil Milne neil.milne at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 11:06:24 UTC 2007

On 16/04/07, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:

> I get this on my SP13000 Epia frontend but not on my 2700XP+ CPU with
> nvidia card. In the past I've put it down to something to do with the
> Unichrome/Openchrome video driver (restricted number of surfaces?) so I
> wonder what your hardware is?
Athlon XP 3000+
Nvidia FX5200
nvidia drivers 1.0.9746

I don't think it's hardware as I only see this on live tv - if I view
a recording I can seek perfectly. It also appears to be a buffer
boundary issue, although that could just be because there is no seek
table.

> Also, are you using fast rewind (i.e. go backwards at speed) or jump
> backwards (my jump keys are programmed up to 8 seconds back, 30 forward).
> Just trying to collect more data points...

I'm using the jump keys actually, mine are set for 10 back, 30 forward
but with the config option to jump forward only 10 if you've just gone
back.

It also happens if I do a timed seek (e.g. seek backwards 2 minutes
using the numeric keys and then the jump back key).

Cheers,
Neil

--
Neil Milne