[mythtv-users] Problems with the runtime prefix

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 14 20:51:16 UTC 2007

Charles Mason wrote:
> On 4/14/07, William Munson <william_munson at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>> Sounds like you have 2 copies installed. One in /usr/bin and one in
>> /usr/local/bin.  Delete any installed myth files on your system and try
>> again.
>>

> Well that's what originally thought so I tried removing all of the
> mythtv related stuff in /usr/ and /usr/local/ and trying again. Just
> to make sure there weren't any left I then used the find command to
> make sure there weren't any other copies of it.
>
> Just to confirm the problem immediately after I finished make install
> I went to the /programs/mythbackend/ directory in the mythtv source
> dir. Then ran ./mythbackend which should make sure its using that
> copy. In its output it also showed the incorrect runtime prefix.
>
> Is that prefix actually compiled in to the source code by the
> configure script. Or is it stored some where else.
>
> Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Charlie

The --prefix= command determines which base directory to use when
installing the software. Post your ./configure command line and the
output from the command so we can figure out whats going wrong.

PS - Did you remember to delete libmyth when you were cleaning up? If
you did 'rm myth*' those files would remain and would cause the issues
you have.