[mythtv-users] No sound (Ubunty Feisty Alternate Install 7.04 with dist-upgrade)

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sat Apr 14 13:17:41 UTC 2007

On 14 Apr 2007, at 06:50, Michael Williams wrote:
> On Apr 13, 2007, at 11:11 AM, ryan patterson wrote:
>>
>> You might want to wait until Feisty is actually released before
>> complaining
>> that is doesn't work correctly.
>
> Perhaps, but my issue isn't with the OS;  it's with the
> application.  Any other useful insights?

You don't really give enough information in your original post.

I'm a MythTV n00b - with no hands-on experience myself - but the
question that leaps out at me is "how is sound _configured_ in Myth?"

"alsa" is the name for a Linux sound subsystem - one of the, the most
recent or the best, or something. Searching the list for previous
mentions of it returns loads of results - I can't say any or all of
them will describe the exact same problem as yours, but maybe if you
read a few of them you'll get some ideas. <http://tinyurl.com/2aykyz>

There are also a number of pages on the wiki:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Special:Search?search=sound&go=Go

Saying "I've reinstalled my o/s four times" does express your
frustration at your problems, but it doesn't inform anyone enough to
help you. Hopefully the links I've posted will allow you to repost
saying "I've tried this setting in Myth, and `cat /proc/soundcard`
shows that". You should be able to post some lines from your system's
logfiles which mention sound - either from /var/log/messages, /var/
log/syslog, /var/log/mythtv or by running MythTV from the command
line with the verbose options.

Stroller.