[mythtv-users] Trouble removing ads with mythtranscode

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Fri Apr 13 23:20:26 UTC 2007

On Friday 13 April 2007 17:52, Benton Roberts wrote:

> William wrote:
> > Set up a transcode profile for lossless mpeg to mpeg transcoding
>
> That works, but replaces the original file with the commercials-removed
> file. While this may be desirable for some, I don't want to actually
> delete content that might be incorrectly flagged from the
> full-resolution (archival) source.

This may have been stated earlier in this thread, which I've not been
following extremely closely, but....

Transcoding does *NOT* remove commercials that have been flagged using
mythcommflag *UNLESS* you manually import those detected commercials into the
cut list. Of course, this means that lossless transcoding will also save very
little disk space. (It shaves off a small amount for me, usually about 0.1GB;
I'm not sure why.) To save the disk space used by commercials, you must
either import the commflag data as a cut list, manually locate and cut the
commercials, or do a combination of the two (by loading the commercial flags
as a cut list and then checking that it's accurate).

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com