[mythtv-users] Any pci-e x1 hardware video capture cards forMythTV?

Henry A Harper III hah at alumni.rice.edu
Fri Apr 13 18:15:34 UTC 2007

>>http://www.4videoequipment.com/video/store2/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct
=
>>3879&E=Blackmagic+Design-Intensity+-+High+Definition+HDMI+I/O+Capture+Card
+-
>>+PCIe+x1+Lane+MAC/PC
>>
>> Any chance that is what it looks like it is?  An HDMI capture card?
>
>Looks like it, but I suspect its heavily loaded with DRMification.

Actually, the problem is that it *isn't* loaded with DRM-ification, but
anything you likely want to capture over HDMI (aka commercially produced
content) most assuredly is DRM-ified.

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/techspecs/

"The HDMI standard can include copy protected encryption, such as DVD
players. The Intensity card therefore will NOT capture from copy protected
HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or
distribution of content."

This product is for editing your own home movies over HDMI interface.