[mythtv-users] I tried and tried, but I can't divorce Myth...

Geoff Mishkin gmishkin at acs.bu.edu
Fri Apr 13 16:20:09 UTC 2007

I know you are making a joke, but does XP MCE have all the network and
split frontend/backend features that Myth does?  I already use split
frontend/backend, since my laptop is the only machine fast enough to
decode HD video, but I need a desktop machine to put the HD-3000 in.
I'm going to be moving to a multi-backend setup as soon as the HD-5500
is better supported.  MythTV really is a godsend for people with
requirements like mine.  Does anything else even come close?

             --Geoff Mishkin <gmishkin at bu.edu>