[mythtv-users] (Re)order channels?

Michael Ransburg michael.ransburg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 21:00:27 UTC 2007

Hi all,

what's the best way to reorder channels in MythTV? I have scanned all
my DVB-S Transponders and now I got like several hundred channels
(both radio and TV). I would like to move the channels which I watch
regularly to the start of the channel list. What's the most efficient
way to accomplish this?

I googled and there were suggestions to use mythweb. I checked that
but I'm not really sure what I should do in the "configure channels"
sections. Changing the channum's seems to be rather cumbersome since
if I change one channel, e.g. from 10 to 1, I also have to change all
others, i.e. the "old" number 1 to 2, the old number 2 to 3 and so on.

Isn't there a simple "move up" "move down" feature for the channel list?

Many thanks,
Michael
icq: 71772353 | skype: daneel1409 | msn: mike at unfolded.com