[mythtv-users] Directv R15-300 and MythTv

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Thu Apr 12 20:49:33 UTC 2007

Captain Krypto wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just recently subscribed to Directv and as a receiver I have Model:
> R15 Vendor: 300.  From what I've found, this model is made by
> Phillips.  I've been searching around and can't seem to find much info
> on this unit in relation to MythTv.  Most of the DVR forums that I've
> been looking around in seemed to have come to the consensus that is it
> a POS.  Is anyone using this receiver model with MythTv?  Also, I've
> been looking around for the lirc.conf for this model to no avail.
> Does anyone have the lirc.conf for this model or is there a compatible
> config file that I could be using?  Finally, I've noticed that there
> are some USB ports on the receiver, but the manual says that they are
> for "Future use.".  Does this mean that they are disabled?  Any
> feedback on this receiver is appreciated.

I have Directv, but only use the D11-500's with MythTV.  They also have
USB ports but they work and the installer guide gives the specs on the
proper codes to use to change channels, etc.   You might want to look
for the installer guide for that model (google) to see if the ports are
"really" active.   Otherwise, you can find D11-500's on the web for
fairly cheap.  Others use the D10's with great success as well.  You can
find a channel change script for these named directv.pl on the net.