[mythtv-users] changing directories for videos w/o losing information

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Thu Apr 12 14:18:49 UTC 2007

Jakob Fix wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> MythTV being the success it is in this household (WAF and Kids
> Approval Factor at an all-time high), my initial backend organisation
> of
>
> livetv/
> movies/
> series/
> other/
>
> got slightly out of hand, ie. too many files particularly in the
> movies/ directory.  After having added another disk to my LVM/XFS
> based backend, I would like to reorganize these directories, but am
> wondering whether I will lose all the information associated through
> IMDB and manually when moving data to different directories?
>
> Is there a preferred/recommended method to not lose the information
> (fiddle with the database?)
>
> Thanks in advance

On .20, yea, you will have to poke through the DB and update your paths
manually (see Allan W.'s post). Don't forget to backup your DB.

If you are running SVN I think a new feature is being able to add
multiple folders for a single item, so you could put something like
"/video; /new_video" in your video directory setting while you make the
db directory transition. That option could even negate the need for a DB
change, that is, if your on SVN.

--
Josh