[mythtv-users] Firewire and 5c

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 15:57:16 UTC 2007

On 4/11/07, William Munson <william_munson at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Phil Bridges wrote:
> > On 4/10/07, Chris Funk <cfunk30myth at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >> I also have an Avermedia A180 hd card.  Shouldn't it be able to pick up
> all
> >> the digitial channels if there is no 5c as well?
> >>

> > That's a good question.  Is there any reason a QAM tuner card wouldn't
> > pick up channels that you could get over firewire through a cable box?
> >
> That is correct. Any ATSC/QAM tuner will be able to capture non 5c
> streams.

I don't think so.   I have both HD-3000 and HDHomeRun tuners, and was not
able to capture any of the premium digital channels I subscribed to.  I
*had* to use one of Comcast's cable boxes hooked up via firewire for those
channels.

I was able to capture my "local" HD channels from Comcast via my tuners, but
nothing else.

John