[mythtv-users] Current Video Card Recommendations

Florian Bittner flo at flobittner.de
Wed Apr 11 13:20:02 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch, 11. April 2007 13:43:45 schrieb Tristan McCann:
> > I was eyeing this one, a 7300 GS:
> >
> > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814125041
>
> I have that card.
>
> I am using it on an Asus M2NPV-VM board and the quality of the component
> out of that card is so superior to the onboard component out of the
> 6150, it is amazing. It looked like MythTV got a facelift when I
> installed the new card, it is awesome!
>
> The 6150 had bleed-through on all the pixels. It was apparent with the
> blurry fonts. The edges on the fonts in the menus are razor-sharp with
> the 7300GS. Oh, videos also look much cleaner.
>
> XvMC reduces the load on the CPU really well on the 7300, as well.

i have the point of view 7300 GS and the picture is very clear, especially in
those animation films. and it has an HD encoder onboard. cpu usage is about
20 % playing elephants dream on a AMD X2 4600. Before on a AMD 3500+ / GF
6800 it was about 80 % and had some lags. display resolution is 1920x1080
with 50 hz.