[mythtv-users] When does "Delete and Re-record" actually Re-record?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Apr 10 13:27:31 UTC 2007

Bruce Markey wrote:
> FindOne is unique to myth. This gives the scheduler the same
> flexibility for movies and specials to choose any showing like an
> episode of a series except it will stop recording after it succeeds
> once then removes the rule the next day. As the schedule changes it
> may choose a different showing that is a better fit.

As I've gushed here before, Find One (plus its first cousins 'treat
same callsign as the same channel' and 'multiple tuner/rule/property
prioritiy weights') is one of MythTV's three killer apps, along with
seamless FireWire/ATSC recording and realtime commflagging (heck,
commflagging as it stands, period). Now, if some kind soul were to
step up to the plate and add a Find One showing of this Episode . . .

David <myth at dgreaves.com> says:
> This was an interesting chat and I wondered if FindOne would be
> improved if it deleted the rule when the episode was deleted rather
> than after it's been fired?
>
> Delete (delete's show + FO rule) Delete and allow re-record
> (delete's show + FO rule is still active)

Ooh, I like this idea. It seems to me this would solve two issues:

* End the the confusion about what MythWeb's 'Delete + Rerecord' and
  its mythfrontend counterpart mean
* Also, help answer the question on whether MythTV will automatically
  rerecord autoexpired programs.
* Eliminate the current ambiguous situation, wherein the rule vanishes
  not actually *right* after a recording is completed but at some
  seemingly-time a few hours afterward.

Some adjusting would have to be done with the "Record once every
day/week" rule so that it would not record multiple instances before
the first one is deleted.