[mythtv-users] DVB-S cards

Oliver Brown galaxiaguy at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 10 09:47:05 UTC 2007

> As far as I'm aware it's completely legal as long as you have a valid Sky
> card, and the quality I get is very good (better I imagine than captured
> digibox output since it stays in the digital domain until I play it on my
> TV).

Despite that I feel there's no problem with it morally (after all you are
still paying for everything you're receiving) there are still legal issues.
The CAM used to decode Sky isn't licensed (since Sky essentially own the
encryption method they use) and their terms and conditions are rather
specific about only using Sky equipment. On the other hand without looking
at your setup at your house there's no way they can tell...