[mythtv-users] mythbackend conflict with Xbox 360

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Mon Apr 9 22:27:56 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 20:05 +0100, Stroller wrote:
> On 8 Apr 2007, at 19:53, Henry A Harper III wrote:
> >>
> >> So since Microsoft decided to "embrace and extend" UPnP,...
> >>
> >> Thanks Microsoft! You know where I'd like to go today? Up to
> >> Redmond and
> >> kick you in the #%*$!!!
> > You could also update your Myth installation, this issue has been
> > fixed in
> > trunk since around December.
>
> Why fix the problem when you can rant at Microsoft instead?    ;)
>
> Stroller.

My point's exactly. Yelling at M$ is much more satisfying. :) Though I
did end up building from trunk yesterday and everything is working fine
now. "Fine" meaning that the 360 still doesn't see any UPNP servers on
the network even though there are 2. But at least it doesn't cause my
MythTV box to freak out anymore. :)

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837