[mythtv-users] "Master backend override" doesn't work on slave FEs?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Apr 9 05:08:58 UTC 2007

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> Since you're using -fixes, it sounds like you don't share the same
> recording directory, that you are expecting the master to be able to
> stream the files stored locally on the slave.  Is that the case?

No, the master exports its recording directory via nfs and the slave
mounts it.

What puzzles me is that the remote frontend can display previews of the
slave's recordings when the slave is down, but doesn't seem to be able
to play them.  I get no error message, just a hung frontend with a black
screen.