[mythtv-users] Running mythfilldatabase while recording

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 8 19:13:25 UTC 2007

On 04/08/2007 12:23 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Sun Apr 08, 2007 at 08:52:47AM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> The housekeeper will be modified to run mfdb only when
>> there's "enough" time before the next recording, unless it would mean
>> missing the window during which mfdb is allowed to run.
>>
> I made another note on my TODO about nicing mfdb in the housekeeper, so
> if you want to put that in the patch you (are working|will work) on,
> then that would be good also. :)

On my list.

BTW, the patch is a "will work on" patch.  As I started down the
approach we discussed, I began to think it needed a bit of a mod (it
wasn't clean enough), but the mod was far-reaching enough I wanted to
discuss it with you before working to implement it.  Unfortunately, if
you don't like it, I'd have to start over to do the patch the way we
discussed, but I really think it makes job scheduling much more robust.
I'll catch you in IRC sometime--and, maybe, you'll actually be willing
to talk to me this time (now that you should have finished the DST
upgrades on your servers at work). ;)

>> /me needs to get some mythtv-hacking time in...
>>
> Schedule a little bit more. ;)

Definitely need to.

Mike

OT back story that's probably of no interest to anyone:  Unfortunately,
I got distracted by another little project.  Wanted something simple, so
I figured it must exist--but what already exists leaves much to be
desired (and all the efforts to improve on it only went about 1/3 of the
way they tried to go).  So I started over basically writing a program
from scratch (and was hoping #3031 would be fixed while I was otherwise
occupied :).  I'm now nearly done with the other project and trying to
figure out how to convince the maintainer of the lib it uses to replace
the lib's much-less-capable version with what I made so I don't become a
full-time maintainer for such a little program.