[mythtv-users] DVB-S cards

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 12:53:48 UTC 2007

On 4/6/07, Peter Spikings <peter at spikings.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just realised the possibility of using DVB-S card(s) instead of the
> PVR-250 + Digibox combination (I'm in the UK). I'm a bit unsure however
> on the details of this would work however.... I'd like to be able to
> record two or more channels at once (or otherwise I may as well stay
> with my current setup!).

So are you saying with one of these cards, and your Sky subscription
card inserted, it is possible to decode Sky encrypted channels?
I thought Sky had some kinds of special encryption which was only
available in their Sky boxes? Has this changed?
Seems a neat solution to use with Myth to replace the external Sky box
I have if it works.

Thanks
Mike