[mythtv-users] RS-232 receiver, kernel configuration and setserial

Angus sylvania at istop.com
Sat Apr 7 00:25:02 UTC 2007

Ok, my problems seem to come down to how to configure ~/.mythtv/lircrc
(whose configuration seems to have some highly unpredictable affect on
mythtvfrontend) and how to properly get the serial port configured
properly on startup.

    In order for the RS-232 IR receiver to work properly, I need to:
-setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
-modprobe lirc_serial
-/etc/init.d/lirc restart
How would I get those first two to be executed automatically?

    I'm also wondering if I've configured my kernel properly. For one,
I've select 8250/16550 and compatible serial support. Could that be
related to the problem?