[mythtv-users] mplayer resolution wrong on TV

Tom Weichmann tomcw at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 6 05:29:27 UTC 2007

Hello,

I started using MythTV on my PC and I have an icon that just runs
MythFrontend.  Recently, I put a couple of hols through the wall and ran TV
out and audio to my TV which happens to be on the other side of my wall.  So
I created a small script on my box that turns on TV out and starts
mythfrontend at the proper resolution for TV out.

#!/bin/sh

dcop kdesktop KScreensaverIface enable 0

nvtv -r 768,576 -s Large -C SVIDEO -t -S NTSC

mythfrontend -nw --geometry 760x576+10+0

nvtv -r 1024,768 -s small -m -S NTSC

dcop kdesktop KScreensaverIface enable 1

The problem I have is that when I just start mythfrontend on my PC everything
is fine, but when I change to the TV out, everything works fine except for
mplayer when I am playing a movie from mythvideo.  I see that you can set
mplayer arguements in the settings menu, but I tried adding -x 760 -y 576 to
the default arguements, but that didn't work.  The video was the right size
to fit the screen, but the 16x9 video was distorted to fit this window.

How do others handle starting on both PC and TV out?  Does anyone know how to
get the mplayer window to size correctly?

SuSE 10.2
MythTV 0.20
Mplayer 1.0 rc1

Thanks,