[mythtv-users] Samsung DLP xorg.conf

Jake Palmer jakep_82 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 5 17:09:19 UTC 2007

>From: vamythguy <vamythguy at gmail.com>
>
>I'm having some issues getting X to run:
>
>(II) Setting vga for screen 0.
>(**) NVIDIA(0): Depth 24, (--) framebuffer bpp 32
>(==) NVIDIA(0): RGB weight 888
>(==) NVIDIA(0): Default visual is TrueColor
>(==) NVIDIA(0): Using gamma correction (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
>(**) NVIDIA(0): Option "IgnoreEDID" "true"
>(**) NVIDIA(0): Option "XvMCUsesTextures" "true"
>(**) NVIDIA(0): Option "UseEdidDpi" "FALSE"
>(**) NVIDIA(0): Enabling RENDER acceleration
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):
>(WW) NVIDIA(0): The IgnoreEDID and NoDDC options have been deprecated.  The
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):     NVIDIA X driver makes use of a display device's EDID
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):     during construction of its modePool.  It is recommended
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):     that you allow the X driver to make use of any
>available
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):     EDID.  If, however, you know what you are doing and
>have
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):     good reason to do so, you can disable the X driver's
>use
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):     of EDIDs by setting the "UseEDID" X configuration
>option
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):     to FALSE; e.g.,
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):   Option "UseEDID" "FALSE"
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):
>(WW) NVIDIA(0): Note that, rather than globally disable all uses of the
>EDID,
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):     you can individually disable each particular use of the
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):     EDID; e.g.,
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):   Option "UseEDIDFreqs" "FALSE"
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):   Option "UseEDIDDpi" "FALSE"
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):   Option "ModeValidation" "NoEdidModes"
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):
>(WW) NVIDIA(0): See Appendix D: X Config Options in the README for details
>on
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):     each of these options.
>(WW) NVIDIA(0):
>(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the GLX module; please check in your X
>(EE) NVIDIA(0):     log file that the GLX module has been loaded in your X
>(EE) NVIDIA(0):     server, and that the module is the NVIDIA GLX module.
>If
>(EE) NVIDIA(0):     you continue to encounter problems, Please try
>(EE) NVIDIA(0):     reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.
>(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to load the NVIDIA kernel module!
>(EE) NVIDIA(0):  *** Aborting ***
>(II) UnloadModule: "nvidia"
>(II) UnloadModule: "ramdac"
>(II) UnloadModule: "fb"
>(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
>
>Fatal server error:
>no screens found
>

>My xorg.conf is:
>
># XFree86 4 configuration created by pyxf86config
>
>Section "ServerLayout"
>        Identifier     "Default Layout"
>        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
>        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
> [...]

You've got several problems going on here.  First your nvidia driver isn't
the wrong one installed.  That's the first thing you need to fix (or use the
open source nv driver which won't work nearly as well).

Second you don't specify a default resolution in your screen section.  It
should look more like this

SubSection "Display"
    Depth   24
    Modes   "ATSC-720-60p"
  EndSubSection

And third you've disabled ediddpi, but haven't specified what dpi you want
to use.  Add another option like;

Option "DPI" "100x100"

I could probably find more that needs to be fixed, but that's a start.  Have
you looked around for any sample xorg.conf files?  Google around and you'll
probably find one that gets you a lot closer than you are right now.