[mythtv-users] MythTV snv: Internal Player with mpeg2 files - wrong length a

Stephane Blackburn stephane_blackburn at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 5 15:37:33 UTC 2007

Thanks for the reply.

So, MythTV internal player can't play a mpeg file without having information
in the seektable?

I know it's the same effect that a seek table problem...
But it's not a Myth recording...
I have the problem with every mpeg files that are on either local drive,
samba shares...
The files are from different sources.

I don't use Mythcommflag or mythtranscode.  I prefer doing this myself with
other tools.
Ex: I use VideoRedo in Windows to cut ads (can't find anything better in
linux).  VideoRedo don't mess with the show length duration.   HiDefinition
files are too big to let mythcommflag run IMO.  This is just too slow.  I
don't mind having to fast forward ads manually.  I'm in Canada, and over
here, the mythcommflag isn't always right with the ads removal.

I'm pretty sure that I wasn't having problem previously when seeking in
mpeg2 files.  I record mpeg2 files for 2 years now (with VDR before and now
MythTV).  I'm having problem with all the mpeg2 files, no matter where they
come from.

Any idea?  Anyone being able to seek mpeg2 files correctly without having to
populate the seek table?