[mythtv-users] MythTV snv: Internal Player with mpeg2 files - wrong length and fast forward

Stephane Blackburn stephane_blackburn at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 5 15:03:38 UTC 2007

Hi,

Using latest SVN here.
My problem is just like the one in the thread "Known Problems or Just Me?:
MythVideo problems" from Jon.  I just can't (or don't know how) reply as I
just subscribe to the list.

When I watch Mpeg2 files in MythVideo with Internal Player, I have two
problems.  I just reinstalled my frontend two times, using Ubuntu 6.10
32bits.  I'm pretty sure that I didn't have the problem previously.

1-The length of the file is always wrong... Ex: a 40min file show 129:23:24
for the duration.

2-"Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!"  when I try to fast forward.  I
totally lose control for a few seconds or minutes.. It depends if it's a
standard definition file or high definition.

What is the version of ffmpeg that is integrated in Myth SVN?

My fresh compiled version of ffmpeg show the right duration length with
"ffmpeg -i videofile.mpg".

Anyone have a direction to point me to?

Thanks!