[mythtv-users] Re-setting Find 1 Weekly Recording

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Apr 4 22:57:52 UTC 2007

Brett is correct. It stores the time and day of the showing
that you selected when you set the rule. This marks the
beginning of the "week".

Paul Mason wrote:
> Here in the UK one of my favourite shows, The Apprentice returned
> last Wednesday. It's shown on BBC1 on Wednesday with a repeat on BBC2
> the following Tuesday.

Do these have episode specific description? Or, do they
have all the same unidentified, generic descriptions for
the series in general (or just blank)? If they have unique
episode descriptions the you should use "...any time on any
channel" and myth would record each episode one time only
for either showing.

If they are generic and you know that Wed is new and Tue is
a repeat then FindWeekly is the right way.

> One of the first things I did was set up a recording for The
> Apprentice with the "Record one showing of this per week" option.

Once you set a FindDaily or FindWeekly rule, the start time of
the interval is shown on the options page when you return to it.
I have a FindWeekly rule for "Rogue". Grom the upcoming recordings
page (or anywhere I find it), I press "I"nfo to see the options
page. It now says:

Rogue
(Tue. 10:00pm or later)
    Airdate:...

This says that any showings from 22:00 this Tuesday until 21:59
next Tuesday are assumed to be duplicates of the same episode
and any one of then could be recorded. The earliest is chosen
unless there is a conflict. Once any one of these showings has
recorded, it doesn't need to record again until next Tuesday at
10 or later.

> 1) Is it possible to "re-set" the recording options in such a way
> that it's going to set up the "find 1 weekly" with the Wed rather
> than Tue ep as the first one recorded?

There is no interface for changing the date of an existing rule.
Press "O" to get the list of upcoming episodes. Press "I" and
change the type to "Do not record this program" then save. Next,
select the Wed showing that starts your week. Set that to "Record
one showing of this title every week" and set any other options.
Save. Press "I" again and you should see:

The Apprentice
(Wed. 20:00 or later)

or however your time should appear.

> 2) Is my understanding about the way "find 1 weekly" works correct?
> Will it act as a "safety net" if the first recording fails (box is
> switch off etc)?

Yes. The other thing you should be aware of is this usually isn't
a good default choice and only exists to handle special circumstances
where the descriptions are wrong or missing. If you had two or
more different specific episode descriptions in the same week.
FindWeekly would ignore that and record any one of the showings
regardless of the descriptions.

--  bjm