[mythtv-users] Quick way to find all "New Episodes Only" rules?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Apr 3 22:11:32 UTC 2007

    > Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 16:24:04 -0400 (EDT)
    > From: f-myth-users at media.mit.edu

    > (Is it as simple as looking for record.dupmethod = 6?  A quick
    > inspection of that table seems to show 6 = New and 1 = Subt&Desc,
    > but I haven't looked thoroughly yet.)

Whoops, before somebody gets faked out, no, that's not it.
Should have just read the source to begin with.

You want record.dupin = 4 to find "New Episodes Only" in a MySQL
query, at least in 0.18.1.  No guarantees about whether this enum
might have changed in later versions.

But I strongly, strongly recommend that people search their DB
for this value and then see what's actually "new" that is claimed
"generic".  [E.g., "SELECT * FROM `record` WHERE `dupin` =4]

For example, Discovery is premiering a bunch of stuff tonight, but
Myth thinks it's all generic & old and mine wouldn't have caught it
unless I'd looked.

[I would have sent mail about when I first noticed it about 10 days
ago, but I was travelling and rarely in touch with my Myth and thought
I might be crying wolf if it was only affecting my own setup---now I
wish I had & people might have had more of a head's-up.  I was
assuming at the time that either (a) TMS had changed the data they
get from their providers (until I noticed that it affected both
commercial & PBS providers, and -didn't- affect their web listings)
or (b) it was some screwup 'caused by the change to daylight savings
(the timing is suspicious, since all of the problems are exactly after
when the old DST would have kicked in---makes me wonder if some of
their servers had the wrong time).  Of course, since even listings
for mid-month are screwed up, and presumably those are generated by
machines which, even if old, are now all running on DST, that theory
probably doesn't hold water either.  It'll be interesting to see if
they announce what the underlying problem was/is.]