[mythtv-users] How do I kill a Live TV connection?

Patrick Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Tue Apr 3 15:37:07 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 11:15:22AM -0400, Andrew Robinson wrote:

> > So you have to delete the in-progress recording that is the show you were
> > watching... So go to the 'manage recordings' menu to delete (one of) the
> > running recording(s) to free up the associated tuner...
> >

> I thought I had made the point fairly carefully that there were no
> **in-progress recordings** in progress. I was only watching live TV when
> the frontend crashed. When I restarted the frontend, it would not let me
> back into Live TV because the tuner was in use. The tuner was in use
> with the previous Live TV from before the crash. There were no
> **in-progress recordings** listed to delete. My question stands. Where
> in the frontend do I delete the previously started LiveTV?

As far as Myth is concerned, you were recording whatever was on your
"live tv" session.  If you look at your manage recordings screen, there
will be an in progress entry for whatever you were watching when the
frontend crashed.  If you cancel this, you will free up the tuner and be
able to watch live tv again.

If you can not find an in progress recording (be sure to check the filter
settings so you are viewing "all recordings"), a restart of the backend
process will most likely free up the tuner.....

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
kb8pym at arrl.net                   Amateur Radio: KB8PYM
Living life to a Jimmy Buffett soundtrack
"Crank the amp to 11, this needs more cowbell - and a llama wouldn't hurt either"