[mythtv-users] lirc_serial fails under load, alternatives?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Apr 2 16:30:02 UTC 2007

Mark Covington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using LIRC and a serial port receiver with Myth.  After a short
> discussion on the LIRC mailing list, I'm finding that heavy interrupt
> usage such as recording a couple HD programs causes some codes to be
> incorrectly decoded.
>
> See - http://www.lirc.org/html/technical.html#bugs
>
> I have an HDHomerun so it probably generates twice as many interrupts
> using the network port and hard drive.
>
> So, with all the other huge multituner Myth boxes out there I can't be
> the only one with this problem.  What have other people done to avoid
> this problem?

Hi Mark:

No solutions, but a plea:

It would be really, really nice for someone to design / build an open
source PIC-based LIRC decoder.  This would get around what you're
seeing, and also provide WOR (wake-on-remote) functionality....

Any PIC programmers out there?  I'm up to my eyeballs in embedded stuff
and can't take this on.

I'm cc'ing the LIRC list so that maybe some kind soul there will do this....

--Yan