[mythtv-users] DVD Rip question

Jason fearthepenguin at jasonandjessi.com
Sat Sep 30 17:48:40 UTC 2006

looks like I spoke too soon.  The VOB copies correctly now, but when the
transcode starts, here is what I get

mtd started at Sat Sep 30 12:31:20 2006
mtd is running on a host called Serenity
12:31:20: Waiting for connections/jobs
12:31:20: mtd is listening on port 2442
12:31:20: a client socket has been opened
12:31:21: DVD inserted: ZIM_VOL_01_DISC_01
12:31:21:             : Title 1 is of type 4 (dvdinput table)
12:31:21:             : Title 2 is of type 4 (dvdinput table)
12:31:21:             : Title 3 is of type 4 (dvdinput table)
12:31:21:             : Title 4 is of type 4 (dvdinput table)
12:31:21:             : Title 5 is of type 4 (dvdinput table)
12:31:21:             : Title 6 is of type 4 (dvdinput table)
12:31:40: launching job: job dvd 4 1 7 0 -1
/share/Movies/Movies/ZIM_VOL_01_DISC_01
12:31:40: transcode command will be: transcode -i
/usr/share/mythtv/mythdvd/ZIM_VOL_01_DISC_01/vob/ -g 720x480 -f 0,1 -M 2
-V -j 0,8,0,8 -B 0,2 -y xvid -w 1618 -o
/share/Movies/Movies/ZIM_VOL_01_DISC_01.avi --print_status 20 --color 0
12:31:40: job thread beginning to rip dvd title
12:37:05: job thread finished ripping dvd title
12:37:08: job finished successfully: job dvd 4 1 7 0 -1
/share/Movies/Movies/ZIM_VOL_01_DISC_01
12:41:39: a client socket has been closed

So notice that between the vob being copied to disk and the transcoding,
only 3 seconds elapse.  During that time, the vob and directory are
deleted, but the file is not unlinked so it still uses up 4 gig of drive
space. No avi is ever written to disk, but I do see tcdemux and tccat
trying to run, they just never output anything.     I can't find any
other errors in any logs and I get this behaviour for every DVD I try,
encrypted or not.  As last time, iso copy works but no transcoding
option works.

Jason
The place where you made your stand never mattered,
only that you were there... and still on your feet