[mythtv-users] .20 needing more CPU than .19? (My upgrade story)

Disconnect mythtv at gotontheinter.net
Sat Sep 30 17:30:41 UTC 2006

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, Patrick Ouellette did have cause to say:

> Are you using XvMC?  There is a thread in -dev about some possible
> issues with OSD being on when it shouldn't be and some other changes
> that may help those of us with stuttering XvMC setups.  The OSD issue
> seems to take up some processor time, and the other issue starves the
> decoder causing prebuffering pauses (IIRC).

No XvMC here:
2006-09-30 13:09:12.910 VideoOutputXv: XvMCTex: Init failed

And I just rebuilt it with --cpu=k8 --arch=k8 --tune=k8 (no change, or if
there is its minimal.)

..

Enabled xvmc - now the cpu usage is down a bit (sd stream, choppy without
xvmc):
 7315 mythtv    15   0  339m 135m  29m S 83.4 13.4   0:50.90 mythfrontend

And the X usage is so low its off the map.

Grey OSD lowers the WAF but we're getting there. Now I get audio crackles on
HD recordings though. :( To get it to play cleanly I need to go back to
libmpeg, with the cpu-usage problems.