[mythtv-users] Thoughts about any of these for a FE?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 15:09:37 UTC 2006

On 9/30/06, Torbjørn Heltne <torbjorn.heltne at amelektronikk.no> wrote:

> As I am not too happy with the picture quality from my M10k based frontend I am looking for alternatives. I would like to know if any of you have experiences with any of these two:
> <url:http://www.asus.com.tw/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1087&l1=1&l2=3&l3=0>
> <url:http://www.asus.com.tw/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1151&l1=1&l2=3&l3=0>
>
> --
> Torbjørn Heltne

It appears that it's an Nvidia 6100/6150 based board on those ones.
If you are looking for a better picture though, I don't that it's your
frontend that is giving you the 'bad' picture, unless it's not the
quality but rather the dimensions, the overscan, or something else
hardware related.  If it's quality though, it may be your
capture/tuner card that is the problem.

But yes, the Nvidia 6150 makes for a really good frontend based
system, and most of the drivers are in the kernel to make it work
(obviously not the Nvidia drivers themselves ;) ).  One of the
complaints I've read about the Pundits are that they put their digital
audio connectors on the front panel; I don't know if these versions
necessarily have that same quark.

One of the outfits selling prebuilt mythtv systems seem to offer one of these:
http://monolithmc.com/default.htm

So it may be a good choice.

-Chad