[mythtv-users] MythArchive Frontend/Backend questions

Daniel Leaberry leaberry at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 21:50:10 UTC 2006

I found a thread
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/224344?page=last where it
was stated that mytharchive really only works on combo frontend/backend
machines. It went on to mention that you could monkey with the
'recordfileprefix' in the database and maybe get it to work. I'm one of
those frontend/backend people who would like it to work. (Or create an
ncurses frontend so I can use from my backend server!)

I did the following:

1. Exported via nfs /mnt/mythtv on my backend. This is where all the
recordings are stored (ie /mnt/mythtv/1021_2006xxxxx)
2. Mounted the exported nfs share on my frontend with the same path.
/mnt/mythtv.

Python almost immediately errors out with the following error.

mythburn.py (0.1.20060910-1) starting up...
Obtaining MythTV settings from MySQL database for hostname myth-frontend
Obtaining date and time settings from MySQL database for hostname
myth-frontend
Processing Mythburn job number 1.
Options - mediatype = 3, doburn = 0, createiso = 1, erasedvdrw = 0
          savefilename = 'bc'
Looking for: /usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/themes/Compact/theme.xml
wantIntro: 1, wantMainMenu: 1, wantChapterMenu:0, wantDetailsPage: 0
Final DVD Video format will be ntsc
There are 1 files to process
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 3393, in ?
    processJob(job)
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 3149, in
processJob
    files=copyRemote(files,getTempPath())
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 3052, in
copyRemote
    tmpfile = string.split(os.path.join(recordingpath,
node.attributes["filename"].value),
'/')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/posixpath.py", line 62, in join
    elif path == '' or path.endswith ('/'):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'endswith'

I'm using mytharchive on gentoo (svn revision 11222). I'm mainly interested
in anyway I can run mytharchive from a frontend only machine. If someone can
expound on the 'recordfileprefix' hack I'd appreciate it (mine is set to
/mnt/mythtv). I was surprised my little nfs hack didn't work.

Along the same lines I noticed that mytharchive generates an xml file that
presumably mythburn.py consumes. Is there anyway to feed mytharchive the xml
file from the command line and have it work?

Thanks