[mythtv-users] Upgrade to 0.20-139 caused auto-shutdown to enable

Niklas Brunlid prefect47 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 21:04:56 UTC 2006

Hello,

Just a small question/warning: I upgraded my mythtv machine (FC4) a few
hours ago, and got bit by a nasty bug, or possibly feature.

Since the same machine serves as a web/ftp/myth/dhcp/ntp server, it's on
24/7. However, instantly after I performed my last upgrade and restarted
mythbackend, the kernel told me "goint down for shutdown NOW" or something
simlar - i.e. the standard message printed on all tty:s when the system
shutdown correctly.

Took me three hours to track down that it was mythbackend that was shutting
down the system, because somehow the auto-shutdown setting had been changed
from 0 (disabled) to 5 seconds. If only I had thought to look there
sooner... =)

Was this supposed to happen? Did I miss a note somewhere? :)

/ Niklas