[mythtv-users] HD Homerun and mythtv?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 20:47:13 UTC 2006

<snip>

> I have one and got it working with OTA (VSB)  but I applied the patch
> from Jafa for QAM support in Mythtv 0.20, and when I try to run it
> with QAM, mythbackend segfaults whenever trying to tune from it. (a
> channel scan from mythtv-setup works fine though)

One of the problems that I have with my current HD OTA card (FusionHDTV 5
Lite) is that I don't get reliable signal strength information (it's
hard-coded in the driver).  This means that I don't have any real
indication of which way to point my antenna for optimum reception.

Does the HDHomerun provide this information (either in MythTV or through
some sort of interface)?

-- Joe

Signup at www.doteasy.com