[mythtv-users] AC3 and DTS Problem -- Please help

mlists mlists at dressler.ca
Fri Sep 29 14:55:06 UTC 2006

I have spdif passthrough working.  I can hear audio both through the
spdif out and from the TV set.

I have a Twinhan 1020 card and the movies and such have AC3.  I have
tried checking the AC3 switch in mythtv and the DTS switch.  When using
my Twinhan card, I can still hear audio.  I don't think its digital
though because my receiver isn't showing a digital link.

When I put a DVD in my player though, thats when I have a problem -- I
can hear what sounds like static (the digital signal coming in as
analog?).  Turning off the AC3 and/or the DTS switch solves the problem
but then I'm not getting digital or even true ac3.

What can I do to 1) test the DTS properly and AC3 properly.

Thanks.
Norm