[mythtv-users] HD Homerun and mythtv?

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Fri Sep 29 14:50:23 UTC 2006

Alex Brekken wrote:
> So... does anyone have it yet!!??

I have one of the samples.  The advantages to something like the HDHR:

1)  You can put it close to your antenna - mine is in the attic, where I
found that it's easier to pull CAT5 then to have a super-long run of RG6
into the basement.
2)  It's dedicated.  It does one thing really well, doesn't contend with
other hardware in a PC, no IRQ conflicts, busmastering PCI slots or
other PC-type stuff to worry about.
3)  It does QAM and VSB, so you can have one interface connected to a
over-the-air antenna, and the other to CATV.

I used VLC on Windows to get the initial configuration tested; once that
was going I added it as a capture device in MythTV and that was pretty
much it.