[mythtv-users] Use Myth to digitize VHS/analog media?

Matt Hannan mythtvlist at cox.net
Thu Sep 28 22:40:46 UTC 2006

Hey, all.
Long time no e.
0.20 is rocking out with no issues for me.
Thanks for all the efforts that have gone into this.

I have a question for you.
I'm sure it has been answered, but I have not been able to turn it up on
Google.

Can I use MythTV to digitize my old VHS collection?
It seems feasible, but I am a bit stumped.

My capture card is a PVR-350 and I am interested in using the analog
"break-in" box.
I just took a look at mythtvsetup  - Input Connections and I have

Tuner1 (set up and rocking)
S-Video1 (None)
Composite1 (None)
S-Video2 (None)
Composite 2 & 3 (None & None)

Going into these, of course, gives me lots of options for television,
but nothing obvious for standalone capture.
While I am sure I could noodle out a solution outside of Myth, I think
it would be far cooler to do it from within!

Has anyone covered or succeeded in getting MythTV to do this?
Care to point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Matt