[mythtv-users] separate directories and filenames

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Thu Sep 28 17:01:17 UTC 2006

Timothy Waters wrote:
> I checked the list archive but that only confused me further. I want
> to have a separate livetv directory and a separate recordings directory.
Not possible with current code.
> I also would like my recordings to have filenames that are more
> meaningful than the date and time.mpg.
Possible, but you have to use a script called mythrename.pl to do that
after shows have been recorded.
> Having separate directories for each series name and have each show in
> that directory.
Not possible in the way you are thinking, but you can use mythrename.pl
to create links by subdirectory for each show. I do this with a cron job
that runs periodically to create links in /myth/tv/shows with a
subdirectory for each show.

Tom