[mythtv-users] Changing TV provider: what steps to take in MythTV?

Jacob Steenhagen jacob at steenhagen.us
Thu Sep 28 16:46:55 UTC 2006

While I'm not aware of a wiki entry that specifically mentions this, I
recently encountered a very similar problem... my cable provider changed
the line order. Channel 2 became 13, 24 became 2, 19 dissapeared
altogether, etc. (note: previous numbers not 100% accurate). After
spending a bit of time with Google, I figured out how to tell MythTV about
the change. It ended up being really simple, but I wrote it up in a wiki
article:

http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Updating_Channel_Lineup

I'd imaging the proceedures there will work for you, but I can't be 100%
certain.

PS. I apolgize if the threading on this message is off. I don't receive
email from this list but was browsing the online archives when I saw this
mentioned and fabricated the subject line as if it were a reply.

--
http://www.steenhagen.us/~jake/blog/