[mythtv-users] Protocol version mismatch

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Sep 28 08:50:34 UTC 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 09:33:24PM -0700, Nowhere wrote:
> > > ry subscribing to the -dev list to understand the release
> > process and
> > > if you already do, try reading it.
> > >

> > Just to clear things up. I am subscribed to both the dev and
> > commits list. I am also a programmer with 30+ years of active
> > development experience. (Mostly dedicated micro and ASIC
> > design)  I just think they are going about it in a typically
> > disorganized fashion that you get with free help and multiple
> > addendas.
>
> Thanks everyone. I think I have a bit of insight now. I ended up doing yum
> update on each individual myth package tho in order to get them all up to
> date. Nothing else I tried would update them all in one swoop.

yum update [no further argument]
smart upgrade --update
apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

(these are three different one-swoop-possibilities, not something to
perform in a series)

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net