[mythtv-users] How much horespower for frontend?

Aaron Howard archanoid at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 01:10:37 UTC 2006

On 9/27/06, James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com> wrote:

> Well, not much good news to report. Still have the stuttering problems
> during playback. Here's what I've tried with the suggestions from
> everyone.
>
> 1) DMA is enabled AND set to 32 bit.

I've been loosely following this, not reading all the details, so
forgive me if I'm repeating or stating the obvious...

Have you checked your BIOS settings to make sure access to these IDE
devices is UDMA mode, not PIO?  Are the IDE cables you're using the
older 40-wire style or the newer 80-wire?    See
http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/if/ide/confCable80-c.html for info on
the difference.

-Aaron