[mythtv-users] Odd elapsed-recording times for NBC's _Studio 60_

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Sep 27 22:28:11 UTC 2006

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. <gtgj at pacbell.net> says:
>         I am in the SF Bay Area and I have seen this on all of NBC's
> HD shows (but not upconverted SD ones).  I don't believe this is a
> network-wide issue since it only started happening when the local
> affiliate (KNTV) switched to a more advanced encoder months ago:

I am in San Francisco. Given that elapsed times for neither Leno nor
Conan--both videotaped--has changed in the past month, it's not
surprising that the filmed _Studio 60_ would be the first in which
I've noticed the results of the new encoder. More evidence that this
is bug #1941 in action. (Someone else subsequently marked my ticket as
a duplicate of #799, but I think the two are separate; in fact, I
think I'll take this as an excuse to reopen the ticket. Having others
raise the issue on SVN as well will probably help to speed its
resolution.)