[mythtv-users] myth_archive_job.pl and it's Use. (And Side effects of use)

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Sep 27 22:23:57 UTC 2006

* On Wed Sep 27, 2006 at 05:04:53PM -0500, Douglas Wagner wrote:
> I still don't have an answer to the question of side effects of using
> myth_archive_job.pl (or mythrename.pl) in regards to cutlists and
> commersials...anyone have any experience with this?

No side-effects.  Just install the job properly, make sure you have the
"Deletes follow symlinks" option turned on so that both the link and the
actual file will get deleted when you delete a recording, and that's it.

The script just moves the file and creates a link, it doesn't touch the
DB at all.  (mythrename.pl does by the way since it renames files, so
using both myth_archive_job.pl and mythrename.pl in combination may be
a bad thing if not done in the right order with the right options).

--
Chris