[mythtv-users] Real-time-clock question.

come se fosse antani antani at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 16:05:13 UTC 2006

On 9/27/06, Chris Anderson <chrislight at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have my mythbox humming along nicely.
>
> Now, the only thing I would like, is to be able to set it so that i
> can turn it off and on as I need.
>
> I googled and googled for the answer, to no avail.
>
> I want to use RTC-Alarm, and not nvram.
>
> How do I go setting up the time settings in the shut/down wakeup options?
>
> Is there a way to use Myth-Welcome with rtc and not nvram ?

basically you have to set the wakeup time in /proc/acpi/alarm
with
echo "YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM" > /proc/acpi/alarm
then give a shutdown and check if your system works well with with
acpi wakeup. (perhaps you have also to check the settings in your
BIOS).
if everyting works, well ! you can begin tuning up mythwelcome, using
the acpi commands instead of nvram ones.
there is a page in the wiki for the acpi wakeup (check for this words
and not for RTC) and searching for gossamer threads you can find also
information about acpiwakeup and mythwelcome.
the only problem I found is for the BIOS configured to use UTC instead
of localtime; in such case, you have to tell your linux box your BIOS
is using UTC.
sorry for poor english,
francesco