[mythtv-users] MythTv Player 0.1a for windows

Mikkel Stensgaard mikkel at sudu.dk
Wed Sep 27 05:37:13 UTC 2006

Tom Lichti wrote:
> Jake wrote:
>
>>> Much better. However, if I switch to full screen and back twice, it
>>> crashes. Also, the size of the window is very odd, it's about 200 pixels
>>> wide and 800 pixels high. The video was recorded at 720x480. Here is a
>>> screenshot:
>>> http://www.redpepperracing.com/personal/v/lichti-stuff/misc-tom/myth_player_screenshot.jpg.html.
>>>
>>> Tom
>>>

>> I was curious so i just tryed this through vmware and it worked pretty
>> good.  i had to edit the config.xml to get it to talk to my .20
>> backend but after that it worked well in full screen.  whenever it
>> wasn't full screen it showed the same size problems as tom's
>> screenshot.
>>

> I didn't mention that, but yes, fullscreen mode is fine. If I try to
> resize the window, it crashes.
>
> Tom

Ok. That seems related to some unsupported features of the SDL library I
use for graphics..
Seems like the video is stretched recursively until it crashes when the
video is to large for the graphics hardware to handle.
I added an <Video_AdvancedWindow> that defaults to 0 to disable it..
Also I added a check on the largest size of the window.
http://www.sudu.dk/mythtvplayer/files/MythTvPlayer01a5.zip

Can I get you to try this version?.. Also, please try to set the
<Video_AdvancedWindow> to '1' in the config file and send med the
output.txt with the result.

thanks

\Mikkel