[mythtv-users] Transcoding Proglems With ffmpeg

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Sep 27 03:00:31 UTC 2006

* On Tue Sep 26, 2006 at 09:47:46PM -0500, Stuart Larson wrote:
> > Finally, I'm using the 0.18.1.20050510-1 version of MythTv, the
> > default version available to Ubuntu 6.06 users.
> >
> > Does anyone know how I can begin to troubleshoot this problem?  I
> > don't know what to try next.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Pretty sure ffmpeg (even in SVN) doesn't support NUV

That and the fact that mythtranscode doesn't use ffmpeg at all...

If you want to debug the issue, you'll have to follow the instructions
in the HOWTO, but I don't know if you'll find much help debugging a
1.5 year old copy of Myth now that 0.20 is out.  You can try posting
a backtrace per the HOWTO instructions, but if it's not something
obvious, you'll probably get a response of "upgrade to 0.20 and see if
it still happens."

--
Chris