[mythtv-users] How do I change pause time

raphael rpooser at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 22:41:52 UTC 2006

Don wrote:
> How do I increase the pause time for live TV viewing.  It seems to be
> about 2 hours, but I would like it to be much longer.  Thanks for the help,
>
> Don

If you're using 0.18 or earlier, it's the ringbuffer size I believe it's
called.  In one of the setup menus.  The description for the option will
be "the maximum size of live tv recordings" or some such.  I increased
mine to 14 GB in older versions for instance.  in 0.19 and up, it's a
moot point; you can leave the TV on all day paused and come back and
fast forward or reverse through everything that was on... I haven't
really tried that though.
Raphael