[mythtv-users] /dev/video0 vanished?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 19:24:14 UTC 2006

On 26/09/06, Pete Cap <peteoutside at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think CentOS itself is fully supported.  As a newb I simply enabled all
> the repos and allowed yum to upgrade anything and everything whenever there
> was a new version--so I have a kernel from this completely optional "CentOS
> Plus" repo.  The "regular" kernel does appear to have corresponding packages
> in atrpms.  Oddly enough I can remove the "plus" kernel with yum but uname
> -r still shows it.

CentOS is supported \if\ you stick to the standard CentOS kernels (I
use Whitebox on some systems and have installed MythTV from atrpms
similarly). The fact the CentOS -plus kernel was installed (whether
deliberate or not) will stop atrpms from being able to supply kernel
modules as it can't match the kernel name. Simply revert back to the
'normal' CentOS kernels (as Axel states) and you should be set up.

Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/
MythTV users list archive: