[mythtv-users] opengl video sync crashes

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Tue Sep 26 18:10:35 UTC 2006

> Yup, I saw that in the source.  Do you know if the nVidia vblank ioctl
> has been removed in newer drivers in favor of using OpenGL (it would
> make sense to tell people to use a standard method instead of a
> proprietary one)?

It only works in a limited number of older drivers (at least that is my
recollection). Not really an area I mess with.

> I'll try reinstalling the nVidia drivers again, but I'm not optimistic.
> Has anyone else had this issue?

I keep a very poor index in my head so I'm not certain. If you mean in
general, yes people have problems getting their drivers fully installed all
the time. I'd try running glx-info, make sure it should work.

--
Anduin Withers