[mythtv-users] Recommended Video Card

Chad Flynt hoochster at sofnet.com
Tue Sep 26 18:01:35 UTC 2006

Hello,

My apologies if this has been covered a million times.  I was just
curious what people were recommending for video on newer systems that
have no AGP Support.  I have lots of NVIDIA 5200's but all AGP.  And
pretty much anything you buy now is PCI Express.  Or has like an NVIDIA
6100 on board.  In my past experience the 5200 was one of the better
cards to use for xxmc support and such.  And something with the newer
decoders on the newer cards wasn't as good.  But being as they don't
make a 5200 in PCI Express, I was just curious to know what is the
recommended hardware now.

Thanks for any input.