[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR500 MCE Remote Doesn't Work

Andrew Davis andrew at nccomp.com
Tue Sep 26 17:41:41 UTC 2006

Thanks for the clarification. It helped greatly. My linux experience had
me thinking there was a difference between a conf file and an rc file,
but I guess I got confused... presumably from the lack for clarification
in the guide I followed. Nonetheless, your reply got me working... at
least somewhat... Turns out I mistakenly assumed I had a Hauppauge
remote since I bought it bundled with my PVR500 card. Who knew they'd
bundle someone else remote? :) FWIW, I read the man-page for irrecord,
then consulted http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/ and found only the
RC-5 seemed to match, though mine was an RC-6. I tried both configs in
the RC-5 folder, neither worked. Thus I simply ran irrecord and followed
the prompts. It detected I had an RC-6 then let me setup my key names
and now "irw" actually does something. :)

Thanks!

AD